Bring On the Birds
Peachtree Publishers, Ages 2-6, 2011
Hardcover: $15.95; ISBN: 978-1-56145-560-7
Board book: $6.95; ISBN 978-1-56145-692-5; Total pages: 22
Foreign: LUK Books Co. Ltd, Korea; Penguin Books Australia, Australia and New Zealand
birds with puffy chests.
birds with puffy chests."
Bring On the Birds introduces young readers to both exotic and familiar birds in energetic, rhyming text and richly textured, colorful illustrations. A picture glossary identifies each animal and tells a little bit about it and where it lives.
- American Library Association Notable Children's Book
- Parents' Choice Recommended Award
- Chicago Public Library "Best of the Best" list
- Children's Book Council "No Ordinary Book" selection
- Bank Street College of Education’s Best Children’s Book of the Year
- Cybil's Children's and Young Adult Bloggers Literary Award finalist
- The Best Children's Book for Family Literacy, Pennsylvania Center for the Book
"Children will want to linger over the colorful images..."
The Wall Street Journal
"Likely to draw and hold the attention even of unfledged young viewers."
"Ideal for beginning readers as well as read-aloud time..."
"Just the right amount of information for preschool ornithologists."
American Library Association
"An informative flight of fancy..."
Chicago Public Library
"Carefully crafted in charm and simplicity..."
School Library Journal
"The rhyming text is sparkling, fun and graceful..."
Cybils Award finalist
"This delightful introduction to both exotic and familiar birds is described in simple rhyming text with fiesta-bright illustrations."
Bank Street College of Education
"Like the stunning acrylic illustrations, the rhythmical text manages to both inform and entertain."
"The sharp-edged, colorful illustrations are eye-pleasingly dramatic."
"Stunning yet accurate illustrations accompany a gently rhyming, rhythmic text to introduce the behavior of a variety of birds."
"A fresh look at birds: familiar, strange, and wonderful.”
Bring On the Birds may be purchased from: