Carry Me! Animal Babies on the Move
Peachtree Publishers, Ages 2-6, 2005
Hardcover: $15.95; ISBN:978-1-56145-328-3
Paperback: $7.95; ISBN: 978-1-56145-449-5
Carry Me! Animal Babies on the Move introduces children to the many ways in which animal parents transport their children all around the world. The story ends on a reassuring note with a human baby snuggled in its mother's arms.
- Best Children's Book of the Year, Bank Street College of Education, 2005
- Parents' Choice Approved Award Winner, 2005
- NSTA Recommends Book, National Science Teachers Association, 2005
- Society of Illustrators 25th Annual Exhibition, "The Original Art 2005"
- Science Books & Films Outstanding Science Read Aloud
" A beautifully sweet look at how babies are carried. Sure to become a calm and soothing bedtime favorite." Kirkus Reviews
"A good choice to introduce science to the very young." School Library Journal
"An ideal book for very young scientists to begin to explore adaptations, habitats, and life cycles. The teacher should leave the book where the children can pick it up: they will return to it again and again!" National Science Teachers Association
"Stockdale weaves together fact and lyrical prose to create a lullaby both informative and tender." Washington Parent
"Comforting in its carefully crafted assonance and simplicity." Bloomsbury Review
"A beautifully crafted introduction to the natural world and perfect for bedtime reading."
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Carry Me! may be purchased from: