Stripes of All Types
Peachtree Publishers, Ages 2-6, 2013
Hardcover: $15.95; ISBN 13: 978-156145-695-6;
ISBN 10: 1-56145-695-0
Paperback: $8.95; ISBN 978-1-56145-793-9
Board book: $6.95; ISBN 978-1-56145-823-3
"Stripes found in water,
sliding through weeds.
Drinking from rivers,
and darting through weeds."
Bestseller with 95,000 copies sold!
Stripes of All Types explores how animals around the world benefit from their stripes. Each striped creature is described in action in its natural habitat. Engaging rhymes and bright, bold images keep readers entertained while a glossary at the back provides information on each featured animal. A fun matching game at the end tests children’s knowledge of animal stripes!
- Parents' Choice Silver Honor Award
- NSTA/CBC Outstanding Science Trade Book for Children
- Bank Street College of Education Best Children's Book of the Year (starred review)
- Texas Library Association Tejas Star Reading List
- California Reading Association Eureka! Nonfiction Children's Book Gold Award
- Capitol Choice Noteworthy Books for Children and Teens
- Charlotte Zolotow Award Committee Highly Commended Book
- Junior Library Guild selection
- Read On Wisconsin selection
"A lovely, interactive exploration of stripes...a feast for the eyes." Kirkus Reviews
"An excellent nature book." Parents' Choice
"This engaging introduction to patterns in nature is a visual delight." School Library Journal
"Carefully crafted illustrations and lyrical text." PBS Reading Rockets
"Writer-illustrator Susan Stockdale uses alliteration and verbs with oomph to highlight a range of animals."
The Boston Globe
"Bouncy, alliterative rhyme and gorgeous illustrations..." Children's Book Council
"Placed in their natural habitats, Stockdale has created captivating illustrations."
International Reading Association
Stripes of All Types and Stripes of All Types/Rayas de todas las tallas may be purchased from: